We love boldness and sense of humour. We loathe cookie-cutter jargon and avoid clichés and boring solutions. Our strong team spirit and easy-going athmosphere has also brought us success in the Great Place to work study.
Are you interested in systems development and service management? Do you have the DevOps skills and mindset to build the future with us?
We are looking for a friend to maintain and develop our services, where we host our own and our customer's production environments. Modern service hosting is a lot more than just monitoring service resources or putting out fires. There's no need for fire extinguishers if the environments are well planned, automated and built for security. For all of this, we need you, and your iron grip of current and future service technologies to create service environment that we can all be proud of.
What we expect from you:
At least three years of experience with hosting services and a good understanding of Linux. Understanding system security and the configurations and processes that go along with it is a big plus.
We hope that the following areas are familiar or you have experience from similar tools and platforms:
- Cloud services (GCloud, AWS)
- Linux servers (Unbuntu)
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Monitoring and reporting (Zabbix, Sentry, Prometheus)
- Backups, log management, security scanning
- Automatization, CI/CD (Ansible, GitLab)
You are the right person for us if:
You are a team player, but also capable of working independently and initiating solutions by yourself. You have experience, vision, and belief in your own skills and have excellent verbal and written communications skills. You can also see yourself assisting in technical sales and can consult our customers
So we are looking for you, an excited and innovative DevOps person, who want to work with the bestest team ever and be challenged with new and exciting projects in the ever-changing field of service development.
There are many requirements but we know that no one knows everything. The most valuable thing for us is the ability to quickly grasp the big picture and willingness to adapt and learn new stuff. At Anders you can and have to be yourself!
Contact: CIO Paul Nylund
Puh. 050 486 7934, email: email@example.com
Have you been in the software development business for a while and are now in the search for new challenges? Well, we have the perfect spot for you on our team!
At Anders you will get to participate in various different development projects that enhance the business operations of our customers in different fields. We offer you interesting challenges and responsibilities in projects. You get to use multiple technologies, mostly we trust in open source technologies. We always aim to choose projects to fit employees own interest.
Project examples from the spring 2018
- Underwater tracking and information system application
- Large scale software infrastructure with Django and Magento along with different integrations to third party systems, such as .NET integration to Microsoft product
- Complex multishop ecommerce system with customized solutions
- Multiple public sector services utilizing open source technologies (mostly Django & React)
What do we expect from you
- You have several years of experience as a developer
- Knowledge in agile development (Scrum, Lean and Kanban)
- Customer centricity and communication skills
- Team spirit
- Because of our current customer demand, fluent written and spoken Finnish is a necessity. Good English skills in addition are an advantage.
Why apply for Anders?
Our success in the Great Place to Work studies tells a lot about how we feel about our employees. We will support your professional development in many ways and encourage employees also to participate in developing our company. When the organisational culture is being originated and nurtured by employees, it becomes authentic, honest and laid-back.
Technical Sales Specialist
What we're looking for
We’re on the hunt for two (2) Technical Sales Specialists to join our sales team at our Anders Innovations, Vancouver office. We are a fast-growing global technology consulting company selling and marketing our SHUUP.COM e-commerce platform product to our clients worldwide. We work with some of the leading clients in the world, such as Boston Consulting Group, Realty One and other Fortune 5000 companies.
What you'll do
As a Technical Sales Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess clients' needs, recommend and assist in the selection of appropriate software features, and negotiate prices and other sales terms in Canada and United States
- Provide input for development teams in Finland, Europe, for Shuup.com product design and features, when software must be tailored to suit clients' needs
- Develop sales presentations, proposals and other materials to illustrate benefits from using our software and services
- Estimate costs of software license, installing and development of Shuup.com
- Prepare and administer sales contracts and maintain customer records
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to the software
- Develop and maintain technical product and development service knowledge to explain features to clients and answer questions about features and services
- Develop, implement and report on marketing plans and sales strategies to achieve business goals
- Assess market conditions and competitors' activities and develop an awareness of emerging markets and trends
- Offer training in the operation and maintenance of SHUUP.COM
What you'll need to bring
- A university degree or college diploma in a program related to the sales, e-commerce and digital marketing
- 1-year experience in sales or in a technical occupation related to the e-commerce platforms and digital marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in a Finnish and/or Spanish language
- Work or travel experience to United States and/or Finland, Europe, considered as an advantage.
- Company training programs for technical sales specialists will be provided by the employer.
- Progression to sales management positions is possible with additional training or experience.
37.5 hours per week.
Rate of pay
Annual Salary; $54,960.
Physical work location
375 Water St, 2nd Floor, Vancouver, BC V6B 5C6, Canada
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioral descriptive interview questions.
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to sending them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: July 31, 2019
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
You can submit an open application if none of the listed positions suit you. We will contact you when a suitable position comes available.
Why choose Anders? Check out our versatile benefits and make your choice. We take care of you!
Great place to work®
Anders is certificated Great place to work® employer.
Employees can have more responsibilities whenever wanted.
Flexible working hours
Trust enables flexible working hours.
In expert work it doesn't matter where or when, as long as the work is done.
Choose your tools
macOS, Linux, Windows? Choose whatever suits you best.
Common lunches are the best part at work.
Cereals for every morning, Friday brunches together.
Often includes Playstation and craft beer.
Employees allocate 10% of working hours to education and can purchase trainings.
Mehiläinen helps when flu strikes an employee.
Weekly afterworks, game nights, sports and brewery unite Andersians.
We always aim to use cutting-edge technology in our projects.
Our leaders encourage flat organisational politics.
Exercise and culture benefits
Andersians are supported to enjoy the hobbies they love.
We pay bonuses quarterly if set goals are achieved.
Possibility to affect
We wish every employee to share their ideas for developing Anders' business.
Get to know us!
Read more about our culture and people.